Senior Technical Design Officer
Vacancy type: Permanent Full-Time
Annual Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: 9th January 2023
Contact Officer: Alana Morris (02) 6285 1555 email@example.com
About the business
Project Coordination was founded in the ACT in 1975 and has since expanded to service Canberra from the Company’s Head Office, and NSW out of the Wollongong office. The Company’s principal activities involve the construction and/or refurbishment of quality commercial, retail, institutional, health, residential and educational buildings for both the public and private sector.
Project Coordination is one of Australia’s leading mid-tier construction companies, completing over $2 billion worth of projects since its inception.
About the role
You will assist the Managing Director in securing new work and managing the pre-construction design process prior to handover to the Construction Team. It will be your responsibility to ensure that all pre-construction design projects are managed financially to the satisfaction of the Company, its clients and (where applicable) Joint Venture Partners.
You are also responsible for overseeing all technical design issues, creating RFI’s as required and ensuring all documentation is correct technically, at time of tender and construction as required.
Your day may include:
- Assisting the Work Win Team to secure new work
- Attend and participate in the Company Marketing Group
- Representing the Company in early planning meetings with Clients and Design Consultants
- Pre-construction administration including file set-up
- Processing of payments during the pre-construction phase
- Preparation of base quantities for the establishment of the project budget
- General project research
- Interface with other specialised personnel within the Company, or
- Orderly hand over of pre-construction electronic and hard copy files to the construction team
Qualifications and experience
To be successful in this role, applicants must hold:
- A degree in either Architecture, Interior Design, Quantity Surveying, or Building or Construction related Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical aspects of the construction industry.
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card).
- Asbestos Awareness Training Certificate
- Nationally accredited training in Silica Awareness
- Procore Certifications desired but not essential.
Please apply on our Careers page here, including a cover letter and your CV outlining your suitability for the role. Alternatively, applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Contact Officer by COB 9th January 2023. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.