Project Coordination is pleased to have been awarded the Design and Construction Contract for the AEIOU Autism Centre, a Signature Project for the John James Foundation.
The AEIOU Autism Centre will be operated by the AEIOU Foundation to provide early interventional therapy and development programs for children aged 2-6 years affected by autism.
The facility will be a single level building broadly consisting of activity rooms, therapy rooms, craft rooms, storage, staff office amenity, meeting rooms, heated outdoor play areas (under roofline), outdoor play area and children’s play equipment, landscaping, perimeter fencing, garbage enclosure and hardstand car parking.
This signature project continues the Company’s relationship with the John James Foundation, having completed the award winning John James Village in 2016, which is Canberra’s home-away-from-home for people with life-threatening blood cancers.
Construction of a new fully accessible Multipurpose Hall Facility at Kingswood High School near Penrith in Western Sydney.
The new multipurpose hall is sized to seat up to 1550 people and includes line markings for 7 different sports. It includes a fully accessible stage with chair storage areas acting as backstage change rooms. Also included are girls and boys toilets and change areas an accessible toilet and shower, outdoor equipment stores, cleaners store and first aid room. The facility also features a staff room, staff shower and WC, lighting and sound control room and weights training room.
Design and construction of three new buildings for the school including additional class rooms, resource rooms, offices, a gymnasium, wet areas and associated works.
The development maximises the use of the site area whilst adding a major functional upgrade to the school’s educational capability. The project is notable for its dramatic form and colorful intricate facade adding to the modern feel of the school. The buildings feature light and open learning areas further enhancing the educational experience for the students.
St. Francis Catholic College is a partnership between the Diocese of Wollongong and Edmund Rice Education Australia.
The College serves the rapidly developing community of Edmondson Park in Sydney’s south west. This project was to establish the first permanent building in the masterplan and consisted of the Technology, Arts and Science facility which included Hospitality, Food Technology, Wood Technology, Construction, and Science Learning spaces.
The ACT Education Directorate engaged Project Coordination to undertake the reinstatement of the Heritage ceiling in the Assembly Hall at Giralang Primary School Hall.
Giralang Primary School is ACT Heritage listed and has a Conservation Management Plan (CMP) in place.
The project required the removal of the flat retrofitted ceiling before the original raked ceilings could be re-established. Adding to the complexities of this project were key considerations involving the heritage requirements of the building as well as the moral rights of the original architect, Enrico Taglietti. Commissioned as lead consultant, MDA Architects provided a superior level of service ensuring that design and client objectives were realised.
Refurbishment of existing building and replacement of existing retaining wall.
The works consisted of a complete roof replacement including strengthening of the structural framework—replacement of all lintels and windows—the drilling and installation of brick ties and replacement of salt deteriorated bricks—the cement rendering of the entire external facade—demolition and replacement of asbestos eaves—replacement of internal wall and ceiling linings—some new doors—new lighting and electrical fixtures—painting throughout—stormwater upgrade—and the construction of a new awning and precast retaining wall.
Construction is complete on the $15 million Marist College Canberra 50th Jubilee project.
The project recognises the 50 years that Marist College Canberra has been in operation in the ACT and consists of two new buildings and the repurposing of a third within a new urban precinct.
The main building accommodates Visual and Industrial Arts departments, a new open plan canteen and a student common room. To the south, a new standalone AFL pavilion defines the oval edge and the existing Brother’s Chapel has been retained and repurposed as a contemplative learning space.
This is the first project for Project Coordination with Marist College Canberra and is a significant addition to the Company’s education portfolio.
The project was carried out over three stages; and consisted of a mix of new building works and refurbishment of existing buildings. The intent of the works was to provide modernised classrooms to replace the numerous demountable buildings being used.
The first stage consisted of demolition of an existing amenities block and partial demolition of the administration block, The new two storey structure was connected and incorporated into the existing structure.
The second stage was the refurbishment of an existing school block built in the 1950’s, with an extension created at the eastern extent of the building.
The third stage consisted of a new natural themed outdoor play space and associated external works.
Construction of a new single storey General Learning Area building with a footprint of approximately 1100 m2. The new building includes seven GLA rooms to cater to students from Kindergarten to Year 6, a canteen, store room, break-out learning space with craft sink areas, reading recovery room, covered outdoor learning area and student amenities.
The building is constructed using a combination of masonry and fibre cement cladding to provide contrasting textures to the façade. Internal features include pinboard fabric lining to walls, and large cavity sliding glazed doors which when opened allow the learning spaces to seamlessly connect.
Disability access upgrade including the installation of a new lift shaft and lift, disabled access ramps and paths and internal refurbishment works